Competiva fulfils its obligations under applicable data protection law.
Additional local information
How is your data collected?
We may collect personal data from you over Competiva Sites in the following ways:
• You provide personal information to us, in particular your contact data like name, e-mail address, and company name, by using the various functionalities of Competiva Sites (e.g. login, commenting, subscription, download, ordering, event or newsletter registration) or by sending information to a Competiva -mail address given on a Competiva Site.
• We are also collecting data about newsletter articles you read or topics you are interested when you click on the provided links in an email or newsletter - such data is considered personal data.
• You provide additional personal information to us which we may request from you from time to time following on from contact you have made with us through a Competiva Site. Such information may be necessary or unnecessary (optional) for the provision of services on a Competiva Site as indicated in any particular case. In no event, however, are you requested to provide sensitive personal data about you or other persons. Please avoid sending us such types of data.
• If you access COMPETIVA Sites or use services available via Competiva Sites, your connection data will be collected by our servers and/or through cookies that may be placed in your computer (see below). Our servers will store your IP address in log files by which your computer can be identified as well as certain other connection data (e.g. time and amount of transferred data, product and release information from your Internet browser).
How is your data used?
The user data collected over a Competiva Site will be processed for the following purposes:
• We will use your connection data for statistical purposes and to manage and improve the usability of the Competiva Sites by means of particular software (e.g. Google analytics) or cookies (see above).
• We will use your contact data to: (i) answer any queries you have about Competiva Sites and to notify you of any changes to Competiva ; (ii) provide you with information you have requested (subscriptions, event registration confirmation and further details on a registered event, forgotten password); and (iii) inform you about Competiva , events hosted by Competiva and other related events.
• We will use the information about your personal newsletter subscriptions and your personal "interaction" data (the articles and topics you are interested in) to learn about your preferences and improve the knowledge provided to you via our newsletters and communication. We will not use your personal interaction data for any other purpose except for improving our services.
• We will include comments that you provide through commenting functionality onCompetiva Asia-Pacific Sites or otherwise in anonymous reports, statistics, surveys and pools which we make available on Competiva Sites. However, these types of information will not enable readers to identify individuals or individual businesses. Your comments are made available on Competiva Sites in an anonymous form, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise using dialogue and sharing functionality.
•Competiva does not sell your personal data to third parties.
Data disclosure to third parties
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except for the following: (1) disclosure of data if legally required or ordered by an authority or a court; (2) disclosure of data to external service providers who process Competiva data on its behalf or otherwise; (3) disclosure of data to contracted event co-sponsors in cases where you registered for such an event; (4) disclosure of limited data (only name, title, company name) to other event participants in form of participant lists; (5) disclosure of data to third parties in corporate reorganisations, disposals or acquisitions; (6) disclosure of data to third parties if necessary to protect the interests of Competiva or other users.
We will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make your contact or other data commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
Data storage and transfer outside your country
Your data is processed according to applicable data protection and privacy laws. Any data you send over the Internet to the Competiva Site is processed and stored by our service provider. Some data will also be stored on servers of Competiva.
Accordingly, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in locations outside the country in which you are viewing the Competiva Site (the “User Country”). Any data or material sent or uploaded by you will be accessible in countries outside the User Country. If your User Country is within UK, New Zealand, Switzerland Australia, the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or another country providing an adequate level of data protection, please note that your personal data may also be accessible and processed in countries with a lower level of data protection.
Storage of e-mails
All incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are automatically stored in the Competiva Electronic Message Repository. The e-mails are protected by legal, technical and organisational measures and are processed according to applicable data protection and privacy laws. They may only be accessed in justified cases in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, breach of regulatory obligations, material breach of employment contract). Access is only granted to employees in defined functions (e.g. litigation, legal, compliance, risk). The process steps as well as the search criteria used are pre-defined. All e-mails are disposed of after a pre-determined period of time and according to legal requirements. If you do not wish the retention of private e-mails by Competiva , we strongly advise you not to send private, non-business related e-mails to Competiva e-mail accounts.
Data security and confidentiality
Competiva applies and ensures that service providers apply technical and organisational security measures that are appropriate to protect personal data against accidental, unauthorised or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
The accessing and entering of information on Competiva Sites by users takes place over the Internet which is an open and unprotected network. This data transfer takes place in non-encrypted form. When disclosing any personal information via an open network, you should be mindful that it is potentially accessible to others and consequently can be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, even when individual data packets are encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. A third party may therefore be able to trace a transaction. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country, data may also be transmitted via such networks to other countries regularly and without controls, including to countries that do not afford the same level of data protection as the User Country. Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorised parties. Competiva does not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your data during its transfer via the Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
For how long is your personal data retained?
Competiva retains the personal data collected over Competiva Sites only for as long as required or permitted by law and regulations.
Protection of children
Competiva does not wish to collect personal data over Competiva Sites from individuals under the age of 18 without the consent of the individual's parent or legal guardian. Individuals under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian before providing any personal data to Competiva on a Competiva Site.
Links to External Websites
Right to access your personal data
You are entitled to ask us anytime for information about what type of personal data about you has been collected online and stored with Competiva with third parties processing online data on Competiva 's behalf. You may also ask us to have your data rectified or deleted as required by applicable data protection law. For more information please contact us using details in the contact box above.
Competiva Consulting Ltd, The Old Bakery, Lewes Road, Forest Row, East Sussex, UK RH18 5HA2 is responsible as data controller for the processing of your personal data on Competiva Sites under UK data protection law to the extent applicable.
Version March 1, 2017